If you’ve ever accidentally deleted photos from your Android phone, you know how frustrating it can be. Whether it’s a precious memory or an important document, losing photos and files can feel like a huge setback. But don’t worry, there are several methods you can use to recover deleted photos from your Android gallery. In this article, we will explore four effective methods that can help you retrieve your precious photos and keep your memories intact.
Method 1: Using Android Photo Recovery Software
One of the most effective ways to recover deleted photos from your Android phone is by using dedicated recovery software. Gihosoft Android Data Recovery Software is a powerful tool that can help you retrieve your lost photos with just a few clicks. This software is not only free to use but also supports a wide range of Android phones from various manufacturers.
To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Download and install Gihosoft Free Android Data Recovery Software: Visit the official website and download the software onto your computer. Install it following the on-screen instructions.
- Launch the software and connect your phone: After launching the software, click on the “Gallery” option under the Multimedia section. Connect your Android phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Start the scan: Click on “Next” to begin the scan. The software will start scanning your phone for deleted photos.
- Select and recover: After the scan is complete, select the deleted photos you want to recover from the list. Click on the “Recover” button to restore the selected photos to your Android gallery.
Method 2: Retrieve Deleted Photos from Android with a Backup
If you have enabled the Back Up and Sync feature on your Google Photos app, you can easily recover deleted photos from the Recycle Bin. Google Photos automatically stores your deleted photos for 60 days, giving you ample time to recover them. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Google Photos app: Launch the Google Photos app on your Android phone.
- Access the Recycle Bin: Tap on the three dashes on the top-left corner of the screen and select “Trash” to access the Recycle Bin.
- Select and restore: Choose the photos and videos you want to recover and tap on the “Restore” button. Google Photos will restore the selected multimedia files to your Android gallery.
Method 3: Restore Deleted Photos from Android Using Google Drive
Google Drive, Google’s cloud storage service, also offers a way to recover deleted photos from your Android gallery. Just like Google Photos, Google Drive keeps your deleted files in the Trash folder. Here’s how you can retrieve your deleted photos using Google Drive:
- Open Google Drive app: Launch the Google Drive app on your Android phone.
- Access the Trash folder: Tap on the three dashes on the top-left corner of the screen and select “Trash” to access the Trash folder.
- Select and restore: Choose the deleted photos, videos, or documents you want to recover. Tap on the three vertical dots on the bottom-right corner of the screen and select “Restore” to restore the selected files.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Photos from Android Using DiskDigger
DiskDigger is another powerful tool that can help you recover deleted photos on your Android phone, whether it’s rooted or not. DiskDigger offers a feature called Deep Digging, which performs a thorough scan of your phone’s memory to recover permanently deleted photos. Here’s how you can use DiskDigger:
- Download and install DiskDigger: Visit the official website and download DiskDigger onto your Android phone. Install the app following the on-screen instructions.
- Launch DiskDigger: Open the DiskDigger app and select the type of scan you want to perform. If your phone is rooted, choose the Full Scan option. For non-rooted phones, select the Basic Scan option.
- Select the file types and start the scan: Choose the file types you want to scan for, such as JPG, MP4, PNG, etc. Click on “OK” to start the scan.
- Recover the deleted photos: After the scan is complete, select the photos you want to recover and click on the “Recover” button. You can choose to save the recovered files to an app, a custom location on your device, or upload them to an FTP server.
Bonus Tip: Backup Photos on Android
To avoid the hassle of recovering deleted photos, it’s always a good idea to regularly back up your photos. By backing up your photos, you can ensure that even if they get accidentally deleted, you’ll still have a copy saved elsewhere. One reliable way to back up your photos is by using Gihosoft Mobile Transfer software.
Gihosoft Mobile Transfer software is a free tool that allows you to back up all your data, including photos, and recover them whenever you need to. Here’s how you can use it to back up your photos:
- Open Gihosoft Mobile Transfer software: Launch the Gihosoft Mobile Transfer software on your computer.
- Connect your phone: Connect your Android phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Select the files to back up: Choose the types of files you want to back up, including photos, and click on “Start Copy” to begin the backup process.
If you ever need to recover your backed-up photos, simply open the Gihosoft Mobile Transfer software, click on “Restore Data,” select “From Phone Transfer,” and connect your phone. Choose the file types you want to recover and click on “Start Copy.”
In conclusion, losing photos from your Android phone can be a frustrating experience. However, with the right methods and tools, you can easily recover your deleted photos and keep your memories intact. Whether you choose to use dedicated recovery software, take advantage of backups on Google Photos or Google Drive, or utilize apps like DiskDigger, there are various options available to help you retrieve your precious photos. Additionally, regularly backing up your photos using software like Gihosoft Mobile Transfer can provide an extra layer of protection and peace of mind. So, don’t panic if you accidentally delete your photos – follow these methods and get your memories back!